Date: Monday, March 5, 2012
Join us for Telework Week 2012, the second-annual effort to encourage agencies, organizations, and individuals to pledge to telework on March 5-9, 2012.
Why? Telework is a win-win opportunity for agencies, organizations, employees, and the environment. Telework supports:
• Meeting the Federal telework law requirements - Telework Enhancement Act of 2010
• Real estate savings - Presidential Memorandum on Disposing of Unneeded Federal Real Estate
• Sustainability - Executive Order 13514
• Business continuity
• Improved productivity
• Personnel recruitment and retention
• Work/life balance and commuter savings
• Reduction of traffic, greenhouse gas emissions, and wear and tear on public transportation
During Telework Week 2011, nearly 40,000 pledged, saving $2,730,229 on commuting costs, gaining back 148,692 hours into their day, and removing 1,818 tons of pollutants from the air, while refraining from driving 3,764,001 miles.
Sign up now at the Telework Exchange website.