Transportation and Taxi Voucher Programs: Webinar
Date: Wednesday, August 15, 2012
Description: Creating Flexible Options for People with Disabilities
Community transportation voucher programs offer riders a potential range of mobility options for access to destinations. Additionally, communities around the country have recognized the importance of taxi transportation and have worked to implement voucher programs, supporting many individuals to use taxis for vital employment, health-related, and community trips.
This Webinar will explain the workings of community transportation voucher programs, such as the major players and stakeholders required to help start a program, the operational and policy considerations that must be examined, and marketing strategies that can be used to maximize the program’s impacts. Hal Morgan, executive vice president of Taxi, Limousine and Paratransit Association, Kate Toran, paratransit manager at San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency, and Easter Seals Project ACTION staff will draw from examples around the country, including rural as well as suburban areas.
Event Time: 2:00-3:30 p.m. ET | 1:00-2:30 p.m. CT | 12:00-1:30 p.m. MT | 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. PT
Who should attend?
- Transportation planners and administrators looking to create new options in their community.
- Community organizations hoping to bring new flexibility to their constituents’ transportation options.
- Providers and taxi operators interested in voucher programs as a way of providing additional services.
- Advocates working to improve the transportation network available to people with disabilities.
What will you learn?
- Know what a transportation voucher program is, and how it creates improved transportation options
- Understand the key players that must be brought to the table to develop a voucher program
- Learn more about the administrative demands of a program, including policy development and program monitoring
- Harold Morgan, executive vice president, Taxi, Limousine & Paratransit Association
- Ken Thompson, technical and information services coordinator, Easter Seals Project ACTION
- Kate Toran, paratransit manager, San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency
Resources for this event will be available for download from this page approximately 2 days prior to the event.
Instructions to Register
Register by email by emailing email@example.com, by calling 800-659-6428, or by TTY at 202-347-7385.
Registration Deadline: Monday, August 13, 2012
Note: Space for this event is limited. When possible, please share one registration and phone line.
To ask questions of the presenters in advance or for general inquiries about the event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call (800) 659-6428.