Sponsored by the Interagency Committee on Disability Research, Interagency Committee on Employment, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Administration on Community Living, the symposium will examine the state of the science and interactions among employment research, practice, and policy. It will examine how research-based knowledge can affect practice and policy and how practice and policy can influence research.
This full day event is open to Federal Government representatives, researchers, individuals with disabilities and their representatives, employers, and workforce professionals. The program will address the interactions among employment research, practice and policy. Panels will focus on how research-based knowledge can affect practice and policy, and how practice and policy can influence research on the following topics:
• Interactions among Research, Policy, and Practice in Disability Employment
• Disability Employment Policy
• Employer's Perspectives on the Employment of People with Disabilities
• Workforce System
• Best Practices in Vocational Rehabilitation
• Employment Outcomes for Youth and Young Adults with Disabilities
Space is limited. Please register today by visiting https://www.icdrteam.ed.gov/symposium/. Registration Deadline is June 16, 2015.
If you have questions, contact ICDRinfo@neweditions.net or 703-356-8035, ext. 106.